Thread: Hey Guise
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't wait to login and find out what's in store for us on Green. I have a new theory on the Green server, whether its accurate or not... everything said is wild speculation so far, right?

I'm thinking there's a good chance that the content may actually change somehow in some way, that it won't be another attempt at Blue. I've heard people say "oh they know the economy is broken so... the new server will fix it."
I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding the project. Nilbog has spent a decade, literally, coding Blue. He didn't do it (just) to give us all a place to play: he did it so we could "beta test" the code for him ... in anticipation of someday using that code to make Green.

If Green was in any way different, A) it would completely go against their entire stated goal (recreating classic EQ), but B) it would also require them to release untested code on Green. I don't think Nilbog spent 10 years having every line he ever wrote tested here, just to suddenly add random untested code to Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Maybe I'm too much of a 'Murica capitalist... but a free economy is always a working economy, you'll just have people who disagree with prices and can't get over how things used to be priced. I find it highly unlikely that all this effort for a new server is to "fix" a free economy.

If the current economy in a 1999 emulator was so important to maintain the 1999 economy as it used to be over the course of years... that's unobtainable and stupid to even try. You'd have to reset everything every 4 years or something. So much effort, to keep 1999 EC tunnel numbers the same? Silliest thing I've heard in group chat discussions.
All the effort for Green is not about fixing the economy, nor is it about 'Merica or capitalism: it's about classic EverQuest. Blue had seven years of Kunark and three years of Velious. Live had one year (less for Kunark) for each. As a result, P99 has ten times as many (say) fungis tunics as live would have had at the end of Velious.

Green will fix that aspect (only) of the economy. And since Green will reset every three years or so, it will have the side effect of keeping Green's economy classic ... but only because it keeps everything classic

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-17-2019 at 12:45 PM..