View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. A shaman with high level gear and high priced spells will blow a shaman without this stuff out of the water. I have a couple hundred k worth of gear and I feel like there's more I can add on and more challenging mobs I can do as a result. I don't want to give away what I'm going to solo next by face tanking but it's a pretty big time mob and I'd be better off if I can add in even more AC and HP.

Shaman isn't a class like mage/chanter/necro/wizard where gear really doesn't matter. I keep my Necro is almost kunark gear for this reason. Most the cash goes into the shammy because the shammy is the one who feels a real difference once pimped out.
Extreme high-end soloing is not normal play for a Shaman in EQ. Shaman don't need gear, and as bomaroast said they're still 90% effective without it for any norma play. Sure having top-end gear matters for the solo artist challenge, but that's something only like 1% of all Shaman do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-29-2018 at 06:10 PM..