View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news
Frst off, it's not 60, it's 1.4x1.2=1.68(troll SK only)
Second off, that only applies to soloing. In a group, you earn proportional to the exp you've earned. Troll SKs will be more exp, similar to how a char 2-3 levels higher in the group will earn more exp. Your group will need more kills to level, maybe 10% more. But it will also probably be a better group with a tank that has tons of str/STA and snap aggo.
I like the spirit of what you're saying, but that "will also probably be a better group" part threw me. If you crunched the numbers I rather doubt that a Troll SK's additional value over a Human Warrior will be even close to the extra XP he'll take from the group.

I still think people should invite Troll SKs to their group, but it's just that it's not correct to imply the class/race benefits are balanced with their exact penalty. I think just about everyone (including Verant later on, at least for classes) would agree the exact percentages originally assigned as penalties were not perfectly matched to the race/class powers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.