View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was arrogant and bullheaded and wrong in many of his opinions ...
For sure, but I also remember reading about him in The 48 Laws of Power where Greene talks about how amazing it was that the son of a cheese merchant with minimal navigational skills managed to play the Iberian royals so well. Not just Isabella (of the Spanish Inquisition!) but Joao took him seriously. The man wanted 10% of all revenue from his discoveries in perpetuity! This would have made him and his heirs the wealthiest people in the world, but Isabella managed to sneak in a footnote that invalidated it, and Columbus never read the fine print, because, well, see paragraph #1 . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth
Don't lump me with that bunch, they tick me off
Mea culpa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
There is only one reason to hate christian/jewish religion
Jesus says that one can know the truth of spiritual teachings by their fruits, and the fruits of Judaism and Christianity have been 3000 years of constant war, oppression, and slavery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire
I am convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, - astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc... It is very important to note that some 2,500 years ago at the least Pythagoras went from Samos to the Ganges to learn geometry...But he would certainly not have undertaken such a strange journey had the reputation of the Brahmins' science not been long established in Europe