Thread: Game Mechanics: channeling skill is broken
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misspelled *harder*. Live was quite a bit easier than p99 in a myriad of ways. Including but not limited to certain bosses are much harder than their live counterparts were in era.
I see you said not limited to but raiding is a separate thing with a ton of problems in all kinds of ways and I agree with that aspect. However, the normal leveling treadmill on P99 is much easier than live ever was.

Quote:
It's only the most OP classes that seem to benefit from the differences to live mechanics, afaict.
This was part of what led me to discovering how broken channeling was. I was actually specifically investigating why Enchanter is so ridiculous overpowered on P99 especially in pre-Kunark era.

There have been many nerfs on P99 to "overpowered" classes which took away classic functionality but for whatever reason Enchanter is being allowed to trivialize content at all levels. It's an inconsistent policy to nerf Bard AE, pet weapon delay, Necro lifetap, AE groups, etc but leave Enchanter charm pets. We've already proven, for example, that classic pets across all classes were ridiculous bugged in classic era and would attack group members, fall through the world training the group, etc but Enchanter has been allowed to become the central driving force that carries everyone from level 1-60 with ease using charmed pets including in raids.

Even though there are several non-classic aspects to Enchanter which have been proven and outlined I've just decided to abandon those in favor of trying to get channeling fixed because that is a big part of what allows Enchanter to be overpowered and it impacts all other casters as well.

I don't know why the staff has no interest in commenting on this channeling issue. It's a core game function that is provably non-classic but can't get a word out of them on it.