View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Aviak

Default A young'un playing Everquest for the first time

Hey everyone!
I love hearing stories people have about old mmos and how they've been immersed in the game and the fond memories they have of them. That brought me to vanilla WoW, which I played for the last 2 years and have really enjoyed the journey. However, because the pserver scene for old-school WoW is pretty stagnant, I've continued my venture into the past. One mmo I've constantly heard people praise over the years has been old school EQ. Since I was very young when it first launched(I'm 19), I didn't get to experience Everquest because I didn't even have a computer at the time. Because of that I've decided to give the game a shot, and after looking for good private servers i stumbled upon Project 1999, and loved the idea of playing EQ in the era before mounts and quick transportation around the world. I really like the element of community in mmos and that's something I hope to see here.
Anyway, I'm really excited to jump in the world, I've created my first character, Lulo, the dwarf rogue and I hope to see some of you in-game!