View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Large Rat

I just came across this thread and read first 20 pages or so. I was surprised nobody mentioned the broken channeling skill on P99 (and on live for that matter). Back then it was very difficult to channel any spell when mob was hitting you and pretty much impossible to channel anything if you were hit by multiple mobs or a hasted one. It was not enchanter specific, but it affected enchanters most because of our CC role and huge agro on Tash and nukes with stun component. Channeling got bugged some time in late Luclin. People were scoffing at a post where somebody said that tank has to intercept/taunt mobs on charm break, but it was indeed the best way to handle this situation. And that is the main reason you did not see enchanters solo charming in dungeons till PoP.
If anyone was following EQ forums you could remember that Prathun(?) found about the bug and fixed it years after if was broken (around 2006), but it was unnerfed couple days later due to caster's backslash. I can not find old EQ forums anywhere, but here is the evidence of EQ developers attempting to fix channeling bug:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2006-1.html

---------------------
- We've reverted the fix to channeling made with the last patch. After much discussion, our general feeling is that channeling has been broken for long enough that players have come to rely on that broken behavior as expected gameplay. For the time being, we've reverted back to that broken behavior and will address spell interrupts in general at a later date.
---------------------