View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what's crazy is, we haven't even noticed a difference on our electric bills since we started mining. I think it's because we live in a small rural town because I've had friends complain about the fact that their power bill stays the same even when they're out of town for a month. Apparently they just guesstimate how much power people should be using or something rather than sending someone out to read meters?
Electric company's bill on estimated usage based on past usage for the location, they do quarterly or yearly meter readings based on the area. In a few months you're going to get nuked with a bill that's triple your average or more when they go out and reconcile the difference. Have none of you ever payed your own bills?

P.S. I know this from persona experience, I got nailed with a $1200 account closing bill when I moved out of a town house I lived in with 2 other people after not having meter readings done for like 2 years because it was in our basement and people weren't home when they came. Go submit a meter reading online.....