View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 09:56 AM
Skeleton

I leveled my Iksar Nec, Kankersaur, to test the effectiveness of AGI, and AC on a caster, for my own amusement. I basically wanted to see if stacking Avoidance AC made taptanking as a necro more viable. My intention was to try it up to level 50 and see how it worked. Worst case scenario, it wouldn’t work and I would delete him. Surprisingly, the concept worked very well and I taptanked, exclusively, all the way to 60. Had a lot of fun doing it too. Got some videos of the process at https://m.youtube.com/user/CrimsonConcordant. I had gamparse running for a lot of it and have come to some of my own conclusions after parsing AGI and AC gear sets against xp mobs for hours and hours. AGI is not a god stat, but it’s pretty damned good. As with everything in EQ, RNG is still a factor. I would barely get hit on some fights, and others I would get smacked pretty good. Even if it was the same mob, at the same level, a spawn later. On those good/decent RNG fights though, you’d be surprised how often the healing from a lifetap dot recourse, and Vampiric Embrace procs, would out heal the dps from blue con xp mobs. To my knowledge, the only ways to raise Avoidance AC in classic are through AGI, Defense, and Iksar AC bonus. Not even sure if p99 counts Iksar bonus AC as Avoidance, but it should be. There’s a reason why Avoidance AC is so exclusive, and you are limited to finite amounts of it. Setting AGI to 75 and then neglecting it just seems like a really silly way to play the game to me, now. Especially, for melee classes. Sorry I can’t really bring anything numerical to the table right now, other than my 2 cents and some parsing videos, but as I said before, “for my own amusement”. There is still so much I would like to test, if I had more time to play.