View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Orc

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would totally join, but seeing ...
Now this is the best proof that our playstyle is so different from everyone else's on the server, people find it hard to believe that we can accomplish these goals.

Ever heard of anyone who has smithy trained up to 140 on a level 10 character self funded? I know one badass player who did that and he is playing in our guild. He farmed stacks of bone chips and spider silks (sold them to vendor too, as there is no big cash market for these within the guild) and cracked staves of course and he spent all this money to be able to kit himself out in banded.

He could have used other guildees help in crafting, as that is perfectly within our rules, but no. He wanted to do it himself.

Some people in our guild are so hardcore, even our current ruleset is not enough for them. I came across guildees who, when I offered gear to them, said that they'd rather get it themselves. Even though that piece of gear what I offered for sale was completely legit based on our no-twink rules (meaning that the monster dropping it has no more than 6 levels on your character's level).

They just want to feel a sense of accomplishment in gearing their characters up from scratch, and our guild provides the perfect environment for that.

It feels like rolling a new character on a new server, and being one of the highest level of your class. Most of the originals have done something similar, if not the very same when they started out on p99 with no cash and no high level main to twink their characters.