View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure are into some pretty advanced accounting stuff to completely overlook the supply and demand effects of the pandemic cultural event. Of course home prices are up. Wrong stat to use. I would like to learn how to read that document, though!

Sorry I kinda overheard just this 1 post and had to show up for the dunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i wont have the juice to fight this one out
You are 1000% correct. Home prices are up big time due to the pandemic. Incredible (not really) that someone who admittedly has no idea how to read that chart is able to point out that the housing market is up due to our current circumstances.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I'm guessing you think that spending over a trillion dollars to further increase home values right now would be a bad idea, seeing as they are already going up because of the pandemic.

Every news channel is debating whether this 3 trillion dollar human infrastructure bill is necessary or not for that price tag, yet the Federal Reserve has spent over a trillion dollars to boost home prices when everyone in the country (unless you are a real estate investor or developer) would tell you that spending a trillion on home values right now is unnecessary.