View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

I believe this is what you are looking for, September 19, 2000 Patch Notes:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000919.html

Bolded for emphasis

Quote:
Trade Skills Enhanced:

Many of the trade skills in game have received massive enhancements, including dozens of new craftable items, new fishing and foraging items, and other things to be discovered once in game.

In addition, trade-skill specialization has been implemented. Players will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in one of the generally available tradeskills. This includes:

Baking
Blacksmithing
Brewing
Jewelcraft
Tailoring
Fletching
Pottery
Once above 200 points in one of these skills, no other skill will be able to exceed 200. Specialization restrictions do not include class or race-specific trade skills such as Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering. Players with race or class-specific trade skills will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in that skill, plus any generally available trade skill.

The enhancement of trade skills is an on-going project. Further enhancements will be made in the coming weeks.
I'm curious though, the wiki tradeskill guide (which could be wrong) lists 175 as the highest trivial combine. What are you combining that exceeds 175? Are you sure your Tinkering is 200?