View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Just make sure to pick a human with an eyepatch, that will improve your aim 17.777%...

All jokes aside you will spend a lot of time medding and regenerating back to full. Choosing a wood elf would give you hide allowing you to step away for 10+ mins while you med. Personally I couldn’t get over the looks of my wood elf and rerolled a human (obs with the eyepatch).

You didn’t mention which server, but during velious era rangers get fear animal which can be tedious but is also efficient. You’re basically just regenning mana after the fight instead of both hp and mana (mana regens waaaay faster). You also do more efficiently damage from behind the mob so kills will be theoretically faster.

Track is a superpower. After playing a tracker you will feel like part of the game is missing playing anything else. It’s just so cool and useful in unexpected ways. I recommend binding to a movement key with forage and sense heading while you level. Then Just find a nice corner of your screen to stick the window in.

Don’t underestimate bow kiting either. With Sow pots and eventually your own Sow spell you can kite down all kinds of major reds ( most useful for the random non casting named you come across). This is because archery doesn’t have the same check for lvl difference that melee and spells do. Where you have the same chance of hitting, and hitting for max damage as you would against a blue or green. Remember to pick up a reduced weigh quiver if you want this option as that will give your bow the equivalent weight reduction as haste.