View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What competition are you speaking of? Who can train who and get away with it? top 3 guilds get banned and this is fun? I haven't seen any competition on this server yet. one guild waits for other to clear so they can leapfrog with their clerics full mana and raid force buffed is competition? If this doesn't work they train each other to get the mob. Even the races go to the person with the best ping/zone times. No real skill involved in living close to the server. so there really isn't any competition there either, if the same person is getting the FTE every single time. I guess some people complaining about the trains is fun to them, as it gives them something to focus on. so its more fun then their real lifes. so ya competition. People complain about raid force sizes, yet there is only so much loot for the 400 high end raiders that are on this server, so they have to go to some guild, or leave the server.
I softly agree with some of the points you are making. What you're complaining about is a result of rooted dragons. Before rooted dragons, things were much more competitive in terms of skill. There is still room for playmakers in present day raiding, but not like before. And it's definitely overtuned, it shouldn't take 120+ guilds/alliances to have a chance at a mob in NTov. Let alone the stalemates, trying to pull mobs into camp without training 300 people, trying to leap frog into risky engagements in order to secure kills. For sure.

However, while ping certainly helps, as it does with literally every single internet game, it is NOT as important as you are making it out to be on this server. A good portion of the best fters/cothers this server has had were either euro or asian. Riot's best fter rocks 130+ ping. Zarza won about 400 coth races with 350 ping. Races that you are required to zone in order to complete definitely favors ping, however, that is not the norm for races.