Thread: Name Changes
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little sad that the name gestapo are finished. It was really fun and I enjoyed the time I logged in to inform on people. But too many nerds got out of hand and made a headache for our blessed, immersion loving staff.

I have laid down my laurels but will keep them freshly dusted in case the staff ever needs the List to continue.

KITTENS DELENDA EST
You are missing on some pro roleplaying opportunities here by being the mob leader with a pitchfork instead of giving some of these names deeper consideration. Many names are clear violations (eg austinpowers, loramin) but others are much more arguable. I'd like to hear some skarlorn breakdowns of reasoning behind your choices. Baler wasnt up to the task but you've got more moxie.

For instance, what rule specifically does "kittens who say meow" break? State your case for the record, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What they are is people, people who love this game so much that they volunteer their own free time, spending some of it to change obviously recognizable names that don't belong in Norath so that everyone else can enjoy the game more. That basic fact makes me feel my name is relatively safe, but at the same time it also ensures that I'll feel no ill will if it does get changed. And I really think it would help a lot if everyone else here also tried to keep that basic fact in mind when having these discussions.
Flattery will get you nowhere. Loramin is the property of the Colgate-Palmolive corporation and has been since the 1970's.