View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First let me ask you which mob you KS'd / were KS'd on since this sounds personal lol. I will repeat again, I have been part of several camp issues, and know several other people who have been as well, and literally none of them are threatened with suspension immediately. You have to either talk back to the GM or repeatedly challenge camps (badly) for this to happen. So which did you fall in?

It's vaguely insulting because I assume you are trolling. Your account is 2 years old, and theres been LENGTHY discussions on camps in p99 and versus old school EQ.

"meta" is a very common term in regards to games. It refers to the state of the game and what players perceive as the best approach.
From Wikipedia, it "is any approach to a game that transcends or operates outside of the prescribed rules of the game".

The camp discussion is always good, but don't put out fake news like "OMG GM's INSTA BAN PERSON FOR MINOR CAMP DISPUTE".
If you reread my original post, you will see that there is no mention of killstealing.

This is not fake news. Camps are defined and enforced by GMs on this server. A suspension will be the penalty for a player that does not comply with a GMs request for a player to desist with sharing the mobs of a group who by reason of being at the camp first claims ownership in perpetuity of it.

This is not "personal", far from it. I expected classic Everquest on this server, and have found that not only is the policy different, but is actually the polar opposite of the Play Nice Policy in 2000 and 2001. As to why I seldom come to these forums or have not followed discussions of camping... I was playing the game, and I have not found other points of the game unsatisfactory. That is really an ancient fallacy that you are repeating there about "the forums are the players".

What's more, if it is an issue that sees frequent discussion on these forums, then it bears repeating again and again, for it *differs markedly from Everquest in 2000 and 2001* and is in fact the polar opposite of it, discouraging sharing and encouraging exclusion.
Last edited by ELance; 11-07-2018 at 05:36 PM..