View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor is great, for sure. But it's the whole package that makes shamans SO powerful. Torpor can't keep up without slow. Mana will run out without canni. Etc.

Any solo class is like that pretty much. The solo (well, and duo, and trio) powerhouse classes each have a few spells that really work off of each other to make the class so powerful overall. Something something force multiplier.

Sure chanter charm is OP, but without slow a charmed pet still eats shit, and without runes and stuns a chanter has 0 chance to recover from a charm break. Sure lich is OP, but without lifetaps it'd just get the necro killed, and without more dots mobs would always wear the necro/pet down before it's dead. And so on. Maybe you don't always need all of the keystone abilities of a class to solo something tough... something's immune to slow or whatever... but generally that's how those classes end up so capable in solo, synergizing their force multiplier spells.

Hahah forgot about this thread but came back to see you comment, super cool I watch your Enchanter vids a lot on my second monitor when I'm playing on my Shaman/Enchanter/Necro... also I agree totally man, like there's something really special about how they were able to synergize these classes from the get-go, especially those 3 classes I listed above Shaman/Enchanter/Necro they all are super well designed with very little fluff, sure there's some off dumb spells like Necro destroys plants or w/e but for the other 98% or so of design is hardly rivaled by anything else out in any MMO games I've personally played.