Old 04-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

Quote:
Old 07-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Torven
Sarnak

Default EQLive Hate List Logic and Spell Hate Values

Disease and poison counters used to add hate, but don't any longer.

This is how SK disease cloud used to be a good aggro tool. Poison counter hate was removed in April 2005. Disease counter hate was apparently removed earlier, but I was unable to determine the date. For now I gave counters on TAKP hate until I can find evidence that the nerf was pre-december 2002.

That nerf did come before December 2002, but after the end of Velious by a little over 4 months. Below are accounts from players having just recently realized the change that was made.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020713...&threadid=1544

Quote:
Vaiyo

Disease cloud changed?
Is it just me or did Disease Cloud taunt ability get nerfed? Shot 10 at a mob in UP and it still kept beating on the enchanter (he died, needless to say - went from full health to none while I tried to unload DC) ... and just now I can't even taunt off a shaman slow.

Was wondering if anyone ran into the same problem.

Magelo profile

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2002 07:18 AM
Vaiyo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vaiyo Find more posts by Vaiyo Add Vaiyo to your buddy list
Quote:
Jorren Y`Kelt

Yeah I noticed it tonight. Used to be able to pull a mob off someone from across the room with DC...

The Rathe

Old Post 05-10-2002 07:51 AM
Jorren Y`Kelt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jorren Y`Kelt Click here to Send Jorren Y`Kelt a Private Message Find more posts by Jorren Y`Kelt Add Jorren Y`Kelt to your buddy list
Quote:
Stavanger

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing in UP last night. Was getting minimal taunt value from using DC, switched to clinging and SV, results were much better. Not happy if this is true.

Old Post 05-10-2002 10:04 AM
Stavanger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stavanger Click here to Send Stavanger a Private Message Find more posts by Stavanger Add Stavanger to your buddy list
Quote:
Xanyia

Last night I almost got our rager killed in chardok. He was used to not having to jolt a whole lot and I was just chain casting DC for nothing.
Good thing I remembered there was a patch
so I got SV out of the back of my spellbook.
I sent /feedback last night, I did today I will tomorrow until they fix it or come up with a better solution.
Shadow vortex doesn't aggro quite as well as disease cloud does!

Xanyia Darkover
59 Revenant
Fusion of Flame
Terris Thule

Old Post 05-10-2002 11:31 AM
Xanyia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xanyia Click here to Send Xanyia a Private Message Find more posts by Xanyia Add Xanyia to your buddy list
Quote:
Lord Vedar

Damn I was wondering why DC was not taunting as it used to. I was in HS and chain casting DC with little effect. THIS IS WAY MESSED UP. DC was FAST Low Mana and HUGE taunt, now it may look like we need to cast slower more mana eatting spells.

Old Post 05-10-2002 12:47 PM
Lord Vedar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Vedar Click here to Send Lord Vedar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Vedar Add Lord Vedar to your buddy list

This is the patch Xanyia was referring to that inadvertently nerfed Disease Cloud...

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2002-1.html

Quote:
------------------------------
April 23, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Spells **

- Casters of slow spells recently given a disease component (such as
Shiftless Deeds and Turgur's Insects) should no longer attract undue
attention to themselves.
The Shadows of Luclin release date: December 4, 2001.
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-06-2023 at 10:14 PM..