Thread: Game Mechanics: SK's Aggro Spells Not Working
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Source for the comment made by Rich Waters...

https://web.archive.org/web/20020416...p?Article=4207

Quote:
GET RID OF THAT SLOW, APRIL 2, 2002

In the last patch Slow spells for both Enchanters and Shamans were altered so that they now have disease counters. Has this made them into a spell which can now

be removed by Cure Disease instead of Cancel Magic?

Yes, that was the goal behind the change to the spell lines.
Getting slowed by an NPC is incredibly debilitating to players, and up until now you either had to just be sad until the spell wore off or risk dispelling all of your

positive buffs while trying to remove the slow. This change should add value to classes that can cure disease and make the spell line more useful.

We are aware that there is a problem with slow spells generating additional agro due to the disease component, and hope to have that fixed in the next spells patch.

- Rich Waters

Note that even though these are a 'disease' instead of a magical debuff they still save against Magic for the purposes of resists (with the exception of Plague of

Insects).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020421...&f=12&t=003866

Quote:
Author Topic: Slow - anyone noticed any changes recently?
kyrilia
Quote:
Member # 1439
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 12:46 PM Profile for kyrilia Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Hey guys,
Has anyone noticed changes in the amount of aggro that our slows are causing recently?

I've been slowing as usual, but since the last patch, I'm getting a ton more aggro, or so it seems.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this, or if its just me.

Thanks for your input!

Ky

--------------------

Kyrilia Kerenski
56th Luminary of the Tribunal
Bristlebane

Shazzai
Quote:
Member # 23732
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 01:02 PM Profile for Shazzai Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
It probably has something to do with them adding disease counters to the slows.
I've noticed it too.

slamdunkjam
Quote:
Member # 5924
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 03:03 PM Profile for slamdunkjam Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Yes! And it's getting pretty hard to slow and then sit unless the mob is way down on health...so I end up brandishing my piercer more and more...with multiple pulls

and no chanter it's unavoidable. I tell my group "I'll tank this one" while they're fighting other mobs. They laugh...but they don't know the modern shammy. Yeah

buckos, I can tank.
--------------------

Owner, McMarren Kalish Inn
7th & Main
Halas, Antonica

Nirtox
Quote:
Member # 6707
Rate Member

posted March 28, 2002 03:59 PM Profile for Walknot Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
I noticed that now Plague of insects now has much more agro. I slowed the Captian in WW with the disease slow and was treated like ham sandwich at a soup

kitchen. Couldnt get agro off me for quite some time.
I also noticed what appears to be increased agro in Chardok. It was even worse when I bounced tigirs of 4

royal guards. I think I lived for a whole 2 seconds.
Did not have the same problems in Velks, but noticed that Pox held agro a long time as well, but that could be a damage to tick ration thing that kept me high on the

hate list. /shrug Pox works pretty fast for a disease dot.

I did notice they fixed the Grow bug. It no longer seems to shrink pets.

Havent noticed anything else that seems diff other then the exp in ME. My guess is another covert shot with the nerf stick there. but then again, its all perception

anyway.

--------------------

WalkNot SoSoftly
Oracle
Innoruuk

wargren
Quote:
Member # 1439
Rate Member

posted April 02, 2002 07:15 PM Profile for kyrilia Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
AHA!
I knew I wasn't just smoking too much of my alchemy herbs!
http://eq.castersrealm.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=4207

Looks like they're going to try to fix the excess aggro issue.

--------------------

Kyrilia Kerenski
56th Luminary of the Tribunal
Bristlebane

Nirtox
Quote:
Member # 29973

posted April 03, 2002 05:45 AM Profile for Nirtox Author's Homepage Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Hiho,
yes, they are aware of that aggro change on slow .. but I am not sure if they change it back so quickly. Damn in-game mechanics.

So long
Nirtox O'Vindharr

Sebekiz
Quote:
Member # 5005
Member Rated:

posted April 03, 2002 09:28 AM Profile for Sebekiz Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Nice of VI to actually mention that they made a change. I guess the Shaman and Enchanter corpses were getting piled too high, and they had to admit to it before

someone noticed!