Thread: Breakfast I
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Banned

Default Breakfast I

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Filbus Furyfoot was a halfling with many names. He didn't brag, but he was called the Protector of Rivervale, the Lord of the Thicket. He had given up his estates to found Rivervale City and allowed free elections to install Mayor Gubbin. But as wonderful as his pedigree, Filbus found greater joy in his breakfast that morning.

Filbus ate an entire steak and a potato scrambled in eggs and duck fat, then he patted Yola on the rump. He belched. Four pots of tea, a cup of jumjuice, a buttercream tasty, and a breath mint later, he finally turned to look at the Leatherfoot Army plan of attack.

Filbus stifled a yawn. He turned from the map and made series of underhanded and stinging remarks towards Yola until she left the room.

"I'm just abusing her because we have Conquered Neriak, and I have slain the Dragons, conquered the Commonlands, and there is not much more for me to do really; Llandris swore his life to Rivervale and there is not much more you can ask for than a Deathtouching Hobbit. So it is okay that I am abusive to her right now," thought Filbus.

It was true. He was bored. He was the Protector of the Vale, but it no longer needed protecting.

And if he sat around idly much longer, he would either get heavy into the Jum or kill someone with his bare hands.

Then, the nightmares would begin.

Filbus sat at the table, his breakfast suddenly mud in the pit of his rotund belly. He sat there in silence, fearing the peace... fearing that the screams would return. The last thing Filbus saw was the nice little egg spoon Yola had laid out for him that morning.

That was when the Gnomish explosives detonated in his hobbit hole.