View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 02:30 PM
Banned

Default What made y'all's server unique?

On Tunare the auction zone was GFAY. Don't ask me why because I don't know. It just was and I never really questioned it before. I didn't know this was weird until I played on P99. I was really confused by how dead GFAY was the first time I went there on P99 and just assumed there must be less than 20 people playing the game since I was a gnome and hadn't seen many players in Steamfont either.

Raiding Guilds weren't really a thing for most of Tunare's history. I know someone will dispute this, but anyone who really played on Tunare and is honest will tell you that you did not need to be in a guild to raid. I got full Skyshrine and my Epic while guildless during a time period where the items were still BIS (although at that time people considered Kael to be better than SS).

Tunare was one of the only servers where players had full Lustrous Russet. They didn't actually loot these items. Kaylum, for instance, was "gifted" full Lustrous Russet, along with other items, for "helping" GMs.... I later found out that he was in fact a GM himself, and likely gifted himself the items. He later went on to be the first player to acquire a Kunark epic... coincidence? Maybe. However, unlikely.

All of those classic EverQuest songs that were trending 20 years ago? They were recorded by a guy on Tunare known as Richardo Xavier.

Tunare also had the first and only Epic item. It was before the other epics were added to the game. The player's name was "Musk." He later went on to become a successful billionaire after starting a company known as Paypal, and later Tesla.

I feel like I'm forgetting something obvious too.