View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqumada286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember years ago on live that I was playing in a PUG in Skyfire ad we hashed out the rules. I prefer NBG, because that is just my nature, but was outvoted by the group that we would random everything. The first item to drop was the monk epic quest item, the book of Immortals. and I was playing my monk. The entire party basically said "Sorry, but we're going to random this." I didn't win the roll, the necromancer did. Basically he spent the next hour waving the fact that he had won the item and how much he was going to get for selling it. (I guess he didn't notice the No Drop part of the item description) This was right up to the moment the 56th level Necromancer Pet dropped. Then he was all for NBG and implored the party to allow him to loot it. I argued again with the party that they said that everything was to be done by random and that we needed to be consistent. So we rolled...and I won. The necro suddenly wanted to make a trade. I calmly informed him that the item he insisted that he could roll on was a No Drop and he was stuck with it, and that I was sure I could sell the spell for a few plat. He said he would buy it off of me. I told him that the spell would cost him 50K platinum. He ragequit the party after that, shouting out to the zone that melee characters should never be allowed to roll on spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A couple of days later I gave the spell to a guildmate necro who needed it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Torqumada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great story!

Apparently, there is a relation between being selfish and the class you choose.

NB4G FTW!
I love it because anyone with half a brain that thinks about this story for more than two seconds will realize it only strengthens the argument for "greed" rolling.

Here's a hint: that necro will play NBG on items he can use, and greed roll for items he can't. There are a shitton of jackasses on this server who will game the system like that any chance they get.

And I quote greed because it's not greedy. Getting 1/6th of the loot (in the long run) is the exact definition of your fair share.