View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About the training : it happened in pvp servers back in the day, it happened in pve servers back in the day (even more than in pvp ) and it will happen again, in a pvp environment i think its easier to just allow people to deal with it.

About item loot : with all my respects u guys are delusionall, do u want a new eq classic pvp server in the near future wich is populated? you need to catter more to the blue playerbase, item loot is a deal breaker even for many pvpers. This is everquest, wake up.
If you allow training people will go crazy. This isnt like live, its like a den of snakes. Like i said holocaust cockblocked guk during red's first week even with the no training rule. Youll have some almost-to-the-point-of-shooting-up-a-school social misfit who will make it his life's work to train people 12h a day. That would be as bad as xp loss in pvp with regards to making people quit.

I think item loot, within a game like EQ (where stuff is rarer compared to Albion like mentioned above, less bank space to make it work) will not appeal to much people. Its too harsh. Yeah maybe zergs will not be able to hang on to their warder loot but neither will casuals with their shitty cloth. You need a good amount people to get a decent classic experience instead of a theme park ghost museum. No drop sets are a good idea IMO, with Gustoo's tweak of level Req's but realistically i dont see it happening here. So probably just a repeat of 1.0 but with the major thing that theres no xp loss starting out to bleed the population dry.

Oh and pleasenoban just touched on something i forgot: For a server that prides itself on a classic experience, yellow text was a terrible idea, at least in the way it was implemented. Why on earth would you custom something in that makes it easier for a heavy on the griefy side server to find people to harass? If it must be kept, then remove the zone in which the player is killed at least. Even then its bad cuz if someone was harassing a newb, then the YT is just an alarm that his prey is back online and to log in his alt for some lulz.

For plugging i dont really care. If i was a melee id plug all the time.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-29-2022 at 05:12 PM..