View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol right? All notes about stoicism and "toxic masculinity" taken into consideration; women are far more apprehensive about, and fearful of, reactively emotional men; prone to fits of rage and unpredictability, than they are men who demonstrate the ability to control themselves.

This has been explicitly discussed by my girl and her girlfriends many times. Nothings more frightful to women, than a man who cant control his emotions.
And rightfully so. Don't even care what gender you are, physical displays of anger, including loud yelling is a sign of dangerous instability. I have bad PTSD about this. It doesn't render me uncontrolled or helpless. But the adrenaline crash after being in that store with that crazy person would be horrendous and leave me sick for days.

I probably have a more "male" danger response, but it is manifested in hypervigilance and avoidance.

If someone called me sir while making a purchase I would be apt to say "you're welcome" and go home. It wouldn't lead to me being angry. Especially if they didn't threaten me.

I think this happened several times while buying hair color before Christmas last year, but like I think I also got ma'am, hun, miss, since, at the same store. It probably has more to do with how the light hits my nose and my willingness to smile then the other persons beliefs.

Sadly though it isn't the first time I've seen a transgender person become aggressive and frightening. I don't think a free pass just because they are a minority is OK. But Ill be hard pressed to confront them and say they are being frightening. Again. PTSD. That is really triggery for me.

Even if I feel a future situation can even remotely become violent.
Last edited by Irulan; 01-22-2019 at 11:03 PM..