View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki ZEM pages should just be completely removed, they cause way way too much confusion. Their entire basis is a guess, and given that "I don't know where the values on the wiki come from, and we do not reference those" maybe it's time for them to just go.
I think that's likely throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We know the wiki is based on 2003 numbers (thanks Dolalin), and we also know that they're off mainly because Verant changed ZEMs in 2002 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=30).

But Verant would have had to have massively changed the numbers for them to be worthless here. Even if they changed every zone an average of 10% ZEM ... I'd still rather have a number in the wiki that's on average within 10% deviation of the right number, than have no numbers whatsoever.

With no numbers, the number you have to use is a guess, and that guess will likely be for 100% ZEM. So in short, while no one knows exactly how wrong the wiki numbers are, as long as they are closer to the real numbers than they are to 100% (ie. the number you'd guess), they're more useful existing than not.

What I think the real solution would be is for people to start collecting data (good, consistent data, like kiling a mob of the same level in the same zone over and over). The more data points people submit, and the more stats nerds get involved in analyzing them, the sooner we can start finding P99-accurate (or at least closer to accurate) numbers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.