View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

I have been a Halfling Druid here for a long time, and I'd like to weigh in on some things:

HIDE - The number 1 ability for any caster who likes/needs to AFK. You can't beat it, AFK while regening mana! Its safe, and its free, and it doesn't drop unexpectedly. I use it every single day.

Secondly, I have used this skill for charm break throughout my time here. Sure it takes a few tries sometimes, but its like having a spell slot free, not working every time is a minor inconvenience. The ring or a cast will not make you magically able to clear all the bears solo a ton faster.

SNEAK - I use this skill all the time, in adventuring and raiding. Sure its gimmicky for vendoring, but its a suvivability tool! It has helped me to survive raid wipes and position for tricky pulls. If you're not much for adventuring and thinking outside the box, then I can see how this would not appeal to you.

Tunare Clickies - at 60, with some reasonably decent gear and a mana pool somewhere between 3500-3800 depending on the encounter, these don't matter. I can cast grasping roots all day long if I need/want to, and thorns is a minor convenience. I could see someone who PLs frequently for cash this one being somewhat valuable.

STATS - Doesn't matter in the least imo. With the above stated mana pool, I find that gaining more mana has a very marginal gain vs. effort. Sure it would be nice to be able to cast 4 POTGs when I need to span group heals, but 4800 mana is a tall order and I can't think of a significant reason otherwise to push for more.

As many have stated before, play the race you can stand to look at if you plan on sticking around long term.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===