View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, you are on a crusade because you post your "non researched belief" that charm didnt work the way it does right now in every thread about enchanters.

You have done none of what you say this server does, and yet here you go again talking about it like you have. Stop trying to push your shaman agenda on enchanters. It's obvious that you are super biased.
For the record, my Shaman is only one of my toons, and I literally haven't played him in months. I also have (among other toons) a 60 Druid, a 30-something Necro, and an Enchanter in his teens that I will someday level up. In other words, I both:

A) have plenty of practical knowledge of what it's like to level a charmer on P99, and

B) have "skin in the game": my advocacy is making my own future life harder!

No joke: I very much plan to take both my Necro and Enchanter (screw Bards, my wrists can't take it) to 60 here someday. This means that if my "crusade" succeeds in to make charming harder accurate here, it will make my own life much harder.

So why on earth would I advocate for something that makes my own life more difficult? Because I've had a ton of fun here! I'm appreciative of what the staff has given us, so I want to support them in their goal. Again, their goal is a more accurate emulator, and pretending our emulator is accurate when people are playing it in a massively different way than they did the original doesn't help them ... even if it makes it easier for my Enchanter to level up someday.

Also, you people seem to think live Enchanters were some terrible class: they weren't! Making Enchanters classic here won't end them, it will just make them want to group more, like they did on live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.