View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there,

Background:
I used to play EQ back in 1999/2000 and quit shortly after Luclin was released. I've recently started playing on p99 with my friends who have been here for many years. I've been playing way too much and am lvl 47 in a few weeks.

Question:
I've noticed it is easy for people to start yelling about camps and spawns being contested. My friend was recently suspended without warning or explanation and we think it was due to someone complaining about taking their pulls. The pulls in question were probably pulled about the same time (within a second?) and were not part of a camp. They were also green to the petitioner and don't drop any special loot. If anything, this sounds like the petitioner is violating not disrupting normal playability of the zone for those of us who get XP.

We invest a lot of time in our characters in this game. Do we want GMs suspending/banning people without talking about it? This is only going to lead to people petitioning all the time for anything as a CYA technique. I want fair and honest discussion getting to the root of the issue before action is taken. You may not care until it happens to you.

Thoughts?

(Was previously posted in "Server chat" and the initial thought was that there were ragey /tells that caused suspension, but how can you know when there is no explanation?)

I read both your threads and all your posts. A few thoughts come to mind. Maybe the GM decided your friend is a lost cause base on the chat logs. Maybe the GM figured your friend already knew what he did wrong. Maybe the GM rolled his eyes and moved on to more important things. Maybe the GM doesn't want to deal with the same petty issue 2x with warnings. Maybe he was going to give your friend a reason but then his dog had to go out and he forgot.

1. You told us these pulls drop "no special loot". OOT Seafuries drop vendorable items that sells upwards of 100 plat per drop. The XP is bad, the cyclops are unmezzable, unstunnable, have many hitpoints, and they hit hard. People go there for the sweet loot. It's always been highly contested by max level players. Your friend has been here for many years? I'm shocked this didn't come up in conversation duing that long wait for the boat.

2. You claimed this player was "violating not disrupting normal playability of the zone for those of us who get XP." Whether or not you get XP has nothing to do with whether or not you can pull things. Even if it were decaying skellies in W Freeport newbie yard and a level 60 necro was looking for bone chips in the wrong place, if he tags it first over a level one that's totally within the rules. It's not "disrupting normal gameplay." At worst, it's a bit rude to do it in newbie zones.

3. You go back and forth between it being a "pull" and "pulls". Did it happen a bunch of times, or once? Whoever got suspended was most likely not the first to engage, unless they got suspended for stuff in chat. Was your friend continually stealing pulls after he was asked to stop, or did he say some stuff in chat? Your friend can answer that.

5. You said something in one of your posts about being there first. Being there first means nothing. If getting there first mattered, Seafury Isle would have been permacamped and handed down among the same group of people 24 hours a day 7 days a week every week for about 8 years straight by now. Everyone else after that ever would be not first, including you and your friend.

One thing is clear, somebody needs a new lawyer.