View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try red99, brother - The exp is natively faster than blue, you get an additional bonus for each member in group, meaning you can even leech exp afk sometimes and people won't mind as long as you aren't known for making a habit of it. Also, camps are open for the taking - there are no waitlists, and with red's pop being as low as it is (owing to summer and the active Rise of Zek server pulling some players out) there's hardly even any pvp to interfere.

Lastly, and most importantly - Red needs people. The horror stories about griefers and snobby über guilds are dated - it used to be more like that, though never to the level of the worst nightmares of Blue's rumor mill, but now griefing is really rare, and the raiding guild will accept pretty much anyone that makes it to the required level and isn't a big douche. Raiding on red is healthy, everything in Velious other than Tunare and AoW dies with regularity, and Kunark raids related to epics or specifically prized items (AoN for instance, which for various reasons is excellent in pvp.)

There are certainly some unique challenges on Red, and if you play, even though it's not like some may have you believe - you will get pvp'd at some point, you will get griefed at some point, and you have to be prepared for that. Some things in the game work differently on red as well, so there's always a bit of a learning experience (for instance, duck doesn't interrupt casts, you have to wait the entire cast bar - but you can sit and med mid-cast and stand up at the last to complete the spell) but overall it's much the same as blue, with some additional challenges and some additional perqs, and with not enough people instead of way too many. Give it some consideration, and if you do elect to come over - bring your friends! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- Servant - 60 CLR- Red99
All of what you said is true because no one plays on Red. I tried red, couldn't find a group anywhere. It's a ghost town that needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt. I'm not against PVP...... I am against playing a 20 year old elf sim all by myself .