View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't go here. I use the New Posts button. Unfortunately, it is sullied with posts from Off Topic. People should be able to use the New Posts button instead of manually navigating to specific subforums. Perhaps the New Posts function can be adjusted to exclude Off Topic.

I've already decided to click Green...Blue...R&F. It's too bad. I suspect poll results will show many people agree.

Furthermore, this post isn't even a complaint. It's a criticism of the most vocal participants in this subforum. My point isn't "I don't want to read Off Topic." My point is "Off Topic might as well not even exist because people aren't learning anything true or real." Off Topic is basically conspiracy theory roundup.
So what do we do if we want to talk about anything outside of EQ? New PC setup suggestions, people who want advice on gaming related things but not specifically EQ? etc. Sometimes having a similar mindset as other EQ players helps informed posts versus asking the same question elsewhere.

Personally I don't find time to frequent 10 different sets of forums asking relevant questions in relevant places. Off topic here is a good "catch all" for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

If you want anything along the lines of politics, religion, whatever else banned here fully... petition away. Or perhaps easier, change the way you view the forums, don't go for new posts - click down the subforums you like in the order you want to view them. I do.