View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw, I played a level 65ish Enchanter on live from 1999 - 2003. We never used charm. Ever. It's not because we didn't know to have high charisma (mine was 210+ buffed) or because we didn't use tash before charming. It's because the spell itself was unreliable.

Why else would they have made a level SIXTY spell, when Kunark was released, that guaranteed an unbroken charm? Is that spell even relevant with today's mechanics?

And this isn't even to mention the druids or necros who are also using charm to solo. This was virtually unheard of on live because, again, the spell wasn't reliable -- especially for those with low charisma / inability to lower magic resistance on their target.

Unlike today, when I see druids charming effectively because the spell itself is so reliable.
Sounds like a lot of "I remember it being this way and so that's how it was and should be" without posting any actual evidence.

Always surprising how people will grab their pitchforks over something and be so adamant about something that they can't even find evidence for.