View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Ya it's hard to say really unless I actually put the staff to use.. As to DW skill, at 30 its actually somewhere around 125?.... Id have to check. Which doesn't equal that bad of a percentage. I'm sure the math could be done. I may as well try to figure it out...

That being said, it kind of works both ways. Yes my DW success chance is lower due to a lower skill cap atm, but my offensive skills and double attack skill caps are also low, meaning that a complete miss with a woodsman staff, or an unsuccessful double attack is more detrimental to overall dps than missing with faster 1 handers. On top of that, this isn't WoW where a certain weapon deals within a range of dmg that scales with level. For instance instead of a weapon doing 90 - 120 dmg per hit, the range of which I can hit with a woodsman staff is far wider. at lvl 30 id imagine I have the potential of hitting an opponent for damage near the same amount i can hit with a 1hander, making a swing of the like a loss compared to duel wielding. Hitting an opponent for 20 dmg with a woodsman's staff is possible. Either way, i guess the answer is to try it out and see.

EDIT: DW and Double Attack skills max at 155 at lvl 30
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 06-19-2019 at 07:51 PM..