View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Monk is my favorite, as it requires more creativity than other classes. Geometry makes every split a little different, while say Ranger plays essentially the same in ToV and Kael (I'm sure some Ranger will come along to dispute this).

Contrary to Eberron I think Enchanter is fairly straightforward; mostly it just requires constant attention for quick recharming and a bit of zone knowledge if you want to solo. But for raw power you can't beat Enchanter in all the way through Planes of Power. Enc/Clr/X can absolutely steamroll Kunark dungeons without respect using AE mez and tash. A great Green choice except that you don't need a Guise or Manastone!

Warrior is extremely straightforward, but you definitely feel like the center of attention and everyone depends on you not fucking up. It's also a great class for raid leading since you aren't doing quite so much yourself. I'm a big Sakuragi fan, but if I had to do it over again, I probably would have rolled a Paladin.

Bard is interesting and very powerful but it's just a ridiculous amount of clicking and I like to chat, so my bard is now stuck in the tunnel.

Necromancer is underrated here but in the end you are half gimp monk and half gimp enchanter.