View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 60 Shaman is the reason I keep coming back to P99. I started him almost 5 years ago and ground hard, starting with nothing, all the way to 60, epic, Torp, the whole mess. Then I quit. I went and did some RL stuff, got addicted to Destiny for a while, but at a certain point, the pull of the P99 Torp Shammy always brings me back.

I quit again about not long into Velious to go play on Agnarr on live, and I leveled a chanter to 65, full AA's, Vex Thal, PoTime.... but I missed my shaman, so yet again I came back.

Every other truly powerful class is frantic. The Chanter is amazing, but lives on the knife's edge 24/7. The Bard is incredible, but constantly swapping and twisting and kiting all gets exhausting. Necro's are incredible as well, but they are still always a charm break, and FD fail, or a fear resist away from being a pile of bones.

But not the shaman, especially not the Torp shaman. The shaman is zen, the shaman is calm. His entire being exists to outlast you, to deplete your ability to continue to put up a meaningful fight. I cant even count the number of times I have been in a group and watched them pull 5 or 6 things by accident and start freaking out.

The shaman stays calm, roots one, then another, then another. Eventually the tank notices and moves so he stops getting hit by everything. 1 mob slowed, 2 mobs slowed, 3 mobs slowed, and now, methodically, baddy by baddy the tables are turned. The mobs can attack the shaman, he doesn't care, he ignores them, or poisons them if they annoy him enough. He never sits, he never stops, he never rests, and he never panics.

Nothing will ever compare to my shaman.
GooG joB haNdlinG daT ovR PuLL

Tyty <3