View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 08:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes, for most (including me) the "with all the toys" comes at high level, if not 60. If we're talking leveling I think Rangers are even better as their dps doesn't really fall off too badly compared to pure dps classes until 55-60.

Bumping on a raid is when the Main Tank dies and someone other than another tank intentionally grabs agro and holds it for as long as they can survive without heals while another tank works on getting agro and the CH chain works on swapping to that tank. This requires the ability to pull agro quickly and to survive for a meaningful period of time without heals, meaning a useful disc is likely needed (most raid mobs will 1 -2 round pretty much anyone).

Rangers are great at it because they have strong agro spells (flame lick and snare) to pull agro and a long duration disc (Weaponshield) to hold agro without getting wrecked while the chain swaps and the next tank builds agro.

A good bump can save several (sometimes lots) of other dps from getting murdered or a tank from grabbing agro before the chain is solidly landing on them and getting wrecked, resulting in yet more bumps being needed and/or dps dying.

A good bump can make or break a raid, sometimes.
Ah, I see. News to me but I don't raid or at least I haven't for years.