View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like pretty much any priest. Cleric and Shaman being the most wanted in groups. Cleric being the most relaxed playstyle.
I identify as a Cleric/Shaman main, but I recommend not maining a Cleric on P99 because you are at the mercy of others when it comes to actually being able to play your character.

I'll give an example. I'm playing my Shaman. I want to go to Splitpaw. Well getting there will be relatively easy because I have SoW/Invis/Levitate. My Cleric has none of that, but he can still get there slowly, and more at risk because he isn't invis'd and if something aggros him, he may not be able to kill it (where as a Shaman can just use SoW to run away or likely just kill the mob).

Okay so now my Shaman / Cleric get to Splitpaw. There's no one in the zone or no groups who want to invite me. For the Shaman this is no big deal. He slips outside to South Karana and starts solo'ing all the adjacent gnolls and other mobs that give experience. He may even head over to the Treants or Aviaks and camp them.

Cleric on the other hand can't do anything. He's just stuck in the middle of no where hoping that someone logs on and wants to group with him (I know some twinked Clerics will disagree with me, but this is an accurate experience for the ordinary Cleric player).

Clerics tend to become extremely disgruntled because of this too. It's like no one wants to group with you, but the same people will blow you up and expect you to stop doing whatever it is you're doing to make an epic journey just to resurrect them.

Shaman on the other hand can solo all the way to 60, almost as easy as a Necromancer (at least at 34+). If you want to group, almost any group will invite you. Even other Clerics love having a Shaman around because with their slow, Clerics job becomes super easy.

Cleric to me should always be your alt class. Like maybe have a Necromancer as your main, and Cleric as your alt. When you can't get groups on your Cleric, just go solo on your Necromancer. Trust me, you'll be a lot more successful at the game in terms of getting experience and plat, and you'll be a lot happier. I have a few Cleric main friends on Blue still who get super triggered because people always screw them over where they're the Clerics best friend when they need something and then they ditch them and leave them LFG for hours.

And before people tell me this isn't accurate, I literally solo'd my untwinked Cleric all the way to level 49 because I couldn't get groups. I eventually stopped playing him and made a Shaman and have been way more happy ever since. I don't regret having the Cleric either because it was a challenge and I can log on and resurrect my friends when they die, but the freedom of being able to solo or main heal a group is nice (I personally find it easier to main heal with a Shaman than as a Cleric, unless the Cleric has clarity. Shaman has like twice the mana to play with via cannibalize, and people don't require nearly as many heals when the mobs are slowed and the non-tanks get passively healed via regen line of spells).

Edit: Another reason it can be hard to get a group as a Clericl; almost no group wants two clerics. If a group already has a Cleric and a Cleric is LFG, they will likely not invite the second Cleric. If a group already has a Cleric and a Shaman or Druid is LFG, they will prob invite the Druid/Shaman. Most groups would rather have 3 Druids instead of 2 Clerics. It's just how it is.
Last edited by WokeCat; 01-29-2023 at 07:35 PM..