View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was selling something in the tunnel the other day.

Some guy asks how much I'm selling it for. I let him know the price I was looking for - literally the lowest number possible listed on the Wiki Item page.

He comes back with a ridiculous low number like 75% off of what I offer.

I say I can't do that, but I lower my initial price by 30% and offer that instead.

He gets all passive aggressive and says "Good luck selling it for that much".

5 minutes later someone buys my item for MORE than I was initially asking for lol
Been on server for 12 years. I've seen this happen millions of times. Some tool trying to KS your items for ridiculous discounts. If they are really a douche just /ignore.

As always, stick to your guns in EC. If your price is within an acceptable range (say 90-110%) it WILL sell depending upon how desperate or patient a buyer is. Remember, you are the seller. Sometimes with very high end items you just have to be patient. If you are selling an item that has a range of 800-1000pp, you can most certain ask for 1100. If someone needs it THAT DAY, they will buy it. If you are just trying to move and item, say OBO and let it go for the moderate discount (for me it's at most 10% off).
Last edited by WizardEQ; 02-15-2023 at 10:33 AM..