View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea if they keep data for corpses as old as ops, but corpse summons are usually much quicker than item restores. Petition in game and check for the corpse in the ec noobie yard the next day.
Years back, I was on my lvl 59 wiz and was in a crypt group in Seb and EQ crashed. It was significant (I don't know the extent of the coding but Rogean was clamoring). For some unknown reason once we got back on, I had a naked corpse. Like, FULLY stripped, gear and all my FULL bags. As a grandmaster of all trades, I even carried rare mats like Yew Leaves and Terrorantula Swatches. Stuff that took me forever to farm (many many months). Everyone else was fine once they got back their corpses. I was perplexed and freaking out.

So of course I petitioned. I had to wait a week before Sirken (of all people) got back to me. He told me I had to remember exactly EVERYTHING that was on my toon, down to the last flask of water. Again, I was freaking out because I spent YEARS building this toon up to exactly what I wanted. So I compiled the list and waited...and waited...and waited. I must have petitioned 50 times, until I heard back and was told it would take weeks to get it all back. And for something I literally did not do.

I think after a month it was resolved, but in that time I could have leveled up another toon to 50 (and I think I did on my enchanter and cleric).