View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow P99 Record: Fastest Level 1-50 (Video)

Record Time: 3 hours, 13 minutes, 52 seconds
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5PXM9VsPA

Raw footage, no edits, no music, just proof

Q&A
  • Q: How many scrolls did you turn in and how many do you have left?
  • A: 1,729 and 618, respectively
  • Q: If you turned them all in what level would you get?
  • A: 53
  • Q: Why did you do this?
  • A: I like seeing how things work and what is possible. I've set some records and done some fun stuff like being #1 DPS in Vanilla era on Green, getting the first Priest of Discord solo kill on Green, and inventing the Manadance™. I wanted to do the fastest 1-60. Due to change in scroll exp and the amount of exp needed at 53+ being shown to be incorrect, that wasn't possible with the quest exp items I gathered. Business has been busy so I decided to go for 1-50. I did it to set a speed record. Not to be the most efficient, get a yellow text or whatever. If you understand that, the run makes sense.
  • Q: What about your skills?
  • A: Most spell casting skills are maxed now. Melee skills are over 100. It doesn't take as long as people think, and a shaman with high ac, fungus tunic, regen, and slow can easily facetank Ice Giants at 50 with 0 defense to get your defense up.
  • Q: How long did it take you to buy/camp all those scrolls? Should you add this to your time?
  • A: Longer than it takes a drag racing car to fuel up before a race, but less time than it took Usain Bolt to train to run his world record 100M dash. No.
  • Q: What about people that can do 1-50 in a day or two? That's not much slower.
  • A: As a fast but nowhere close to Olympic material sprinter, I ran an 11.7s 100m in high school. Usain Bolt's world is only 18% faster than mine. Let that soak in. The gap from one level to the next is exponential 10s and 9.58s is a world away. 11s and 9.58s is a universe away.
  • Q: Do you think your record will be broken?
  • A: It's possible, but unlikely. My strategy and our execution could both be improved on for sure, but only minimally. I would be happy for someone to do it and stretch our minds even more on what's possible.
  • Q: How did you keep track of everything?
  • A: Google sheets with multiple tabs. With almost 700 mules, I needed to know the name, location, and scroll inventory of every mule. I needed to calculate exp based on race/class modifiers and the base exp table. This would be an entirely new thread if I exhaustively shared this information.
  • Q: Did you learn anything or have any insights to share?
  • A: I learned some excel/google sheets tricks. I became better at logistics. I certainly grew in my patience and perseverance. It was an incredible, but challenging experience. I'd put it up there with my training for and competing in a 100km trail race and reading a nearly, 2,000 page book for a certification. My insight is that any goal is achievable if you break it down and press on with resolve. I also learned a few EQ tricks. One I call the "corpse centipede." I'll have to share that in another thread some day.
  • Q: You're on Norrathian television and all elven eyes are on you. Is there anything else you want to say to the people watching at home?
  • A: Stretch your mind. Stretch your will. Set crazy goals and go after them. Read the Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Read Scroll #3 from the book The Greatest Salesman in the World.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!