View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before you shoot this down, how about really have a conversation about it.As it stands now ,we have basicly 1 guild that gets everything and im sure they are ok w/ that but what does that do to build a comunity.. you know , the thing that made classic the best game ever .
Here's where the great divide exists in ideology. This is not what made classic great for me or a ton of other people. The people that disagree with you formed the guilds getting the bosses specifically because we disagree with this stance.

Yes, on Tunare we had a very community oriented feel. We pugged naggy and vox even into early Kunark. I led these raids for the better part of 6 months so I know they can be fun.

However, what drew me back to this server were all the awesome memories I have of racing for mobs in Kunark and Velious. Many near misses and victories are still vivid in my mind.

Aside from this, those old world bosses still drop stuff that's amazing until well into velious:
-BCG is a best in slot item for all int and wis casters + priests + bards who have a CoF or CoP.
-Naggy and Vox still drop dragon haste, gaunlets of fiery might, tobrins eyepatches, red and white dragon scales that are useful for what they make and for epics.
-Innoruuk drops encylopedia that makes necro pets absurdly powerful.
-CT drops a sweet robe that doesn't really have a replacement until you kill phara dar.

Do you see where I'm going with this? All of these mobs you want the top guilds to ignore drop things which are legitimate upgrades for our members, especially the new members we have to take in to compensate for the relatively high turnover on an EMU server. We are not killing them just to say we did it, we are killing them because we need the loot as well to get stronger and stay competitive.