View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Enchanter is best solo class - Fact
2. Cleric offers more appropriate utility than Shm when duoing with Enchanter - Fact
3. Cleric is just there to meditate, CH when needed, Root/Stun - Fact
I'm not trying to pick on Demoraliser at all, but rather on everyone who is dealing in absolutes here.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This guy EverQuests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As with most things, the most optimal duo composition depends on the circumstances. I'd say 1/10 situations I will pick shm over cleric or druid, having the shm tank makes pet breaks ofteen quite trivial (pom puppets is a good example, or when the enchanter has a rogue pet). 1/10 I'll take a druid over cleric or shm, having the increased dps and safety of two pets + snare is great (double wolf charm duo in kael is a good example). For more or less everything else I'll take a cleric.
Everyone saying "____ IS ALWAYS" ... you just want to win a forum argument. When it comes to stuff like "which is the strongest soloing class" or "who is the best duo partner" context matters.

You can still make absolutely true statements like "a cleric is usually the best duo partner", but please everyone stop saying "every", "always", and words like that, because they imply there's some grand universal truth about "the best". But when it comes to anything subjective in EverQuest, there is almost never just one answer that covers all circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnome_collector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons.
Hey man, the top Shaman solo +6 Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-18-2019 at 12:10 PM..