View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Queue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think Barbarian shaman may win the day. It's been very fun through the mid-20s, and I'm only just now getting some of the fun shaman tools like canni. My only real concern is I'll get to 50+ and be a little disappointed that I'm missing the big guns like the epic and torpor. Grinding the plat to obtain those items doesn't seem realistic at this stage of my life.

So before I focus on the shaman for good and spend what plat I do have, I want to make sure one of my other toons isn't a better fit for my goals and play style.

I do like the druid suggestion, though I've played a fair bit of druid in my day and need something different I think.

Thanks for the input!
You don't need torpor and the epic to be successful as a shaman and it checks the box best where you can pretty easily get a group when needed. You don't need torpor and the epic for the content you will probably be doing.

Druids won't fit because post 50 they don't bring enough value in dungeons and people won't invite them to groups. You'll be LFG all the time.

Ench skill is too high.

Iksar monk is your best bet. You're low enough that it won't matter if you reroll and you'll get the bonus of seeing new content/quests from the iksar perspective. You don't have many buttons to push. FD pulling when needed is easy to learn and you'll get groups pretty easily. And with a fungi you can solo effectively all the way to 60 if you want.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired