View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the thing. I can see the argument against instances. I understand the fear of losing players if gear becomes easier to get. The game CAN become stale if you get full bis gear and "run out of things to do". Stuff like instances or raid rotations or removing variance and reducing spawn times or whatever other changes you can come up with will all have their pros and cons. I'm just personally of the opinion that the current system has far more cons. The p99 endgame raid "meta" is the most absurd bullshit. It's really unbelievable how dumb it has become. Making gear easier to get and having some people burn out or get bored is a small price to pay for making an overall better experience for everyone else.

Like I said before TONS of people play this game and never raid at all. They aren't all going to magically quit if raiding becomes more approachable. They still find enjoyment in the game after years and years without even touching raid targets.
I could get behind this specifically for blue. Green and future green 2.0 can always strive for strictly classic but what we have on blue is so far from classic it isn’t even funny. Classic raiding was nothing like p99 raiding where you have hundreds of players with high end gear and umpteen alts … all of whom are willing to park their alts all over Norrath and log in for a 2am batphone.

P99 raiding is about as far from a classic experience as you can get.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2