View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you say, there is no way to know for sure until you try it. I am simply saying mistakes are harder to fix on P99 due to the barriers of entry and lower amount of new players coming in. I am not trying to claim that all of the raiders will leave, but you have to assume the worst case when you have no data. That is what I do.

That is why I would prefer to try any drastic changes on another P99 server, as I mentioned before. That way we don't lose players, and we get to see what will happen definitively. I agree with you that there are other factors in TLP that affect player turnaround, but it really is the closest analogy we have to P99.
Yea I don't disagree with you here. I think it'd be cool to try new things either on blue and keep green with the current system or vice versa. I don't really care which server they do it on. I'd end up making a new main either way most likely. It's never going to happen though unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong here but I doubt it hehe

Little backstory on me: I raided pretty heavily back when IB was one of the top guilds. I wasn't with them super long cause the amount of neckbeardery was just too much for my tastes. I ended up taking a break from the game for a bit then coming back and joining BDA for a more casual experience and still getting *some* raiding in. I would've liked to get more raid targets but I wasn't willing to make P99 my second job to do so. I didn't want to park my characters and be unable to play them for extended periods of time. I wasn't a big altoholic I just wanted to play my main. Nothing was worse than having a day off work and not being able to play my fucking main cause it had to be parked for a 16hr window somewhere. I didn't want to feel obligated to track (so fucking stupid) for bonus dkp or whatever. It was just too much. BDA was much better in that regard but obviously didn't get as many targets. The toxicity of the p99 raid scene eventually pushed BDA leadership to entirely abandon p99 and took almost every single member with them to play on TLP's. Some have returned but most have not and I believe BDA was one of the larger guilds on the server in their heyday. I wanna say the BDA guild on TLP's had like over 200 members within the first week? This is why I say I think people may underestimate how many folks would return if endgame was a little more approachable without making it a job/chore. I don't know what the solution is and I don't think we'll get anything much different than status quo anyway. But that's my story.
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-20-2022 at 06:37 PM..