View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't. Trying to face tank things with a Melee + Druid duo at higher levels will result in an extremely slow kill rate. Druid healing is too inefficient to keep up with the damage output that's happening.

Druids at higher levels in these duos need to rely on snare kiting to be efficient, which is not always possible. Simply being there to snare and aggro kite is not a unique thing either. Wizards, SK's, Rangers, Necros, and Bards can all do that. Necros generally do it best because of the DPS they contribute at the same time (Druids need to have a good charm pet available to be great).

If face tanking things, Druids are inferior to an Enchanter as a duo partner for a melee class. They are also inferior to Necromancers, a class with more efficient heal-over-time capability than Druids, and again the Necromancer is simultaneously giving better DPS too, if the Druid doesn't have a good charm pet. Bards are also going to be better than a Druid in that case, because they can slow the targets, which prevents more damage than a Druid can heal, and can also create better DPS.
You could be right, maybe that's why I never play 50+. I can't imagine playing a melee class and saying I wish I had a non healer as my duo partner. Seems retarded.