View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivouac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The install is detailed in the readme, but it's basically drag-and-drop into your EQ folder. The EMT conversions aren't perfect and there's more I hope to add to them. Please share any feedback if you try it out.
Thank you, bivouac. This is exactly how I believe the music should be implemented going forward, and how I've personally played P99/TAKP/Live over the past months. It would be great if a package like this were to eventually be added to the official P99 file distribution.

This method fixes many issues with using the current in-game MIDI engine, including the pitch bend modulator not resetting (out of tune notes after a while). It also removes any software synth dependency and should work the same for everyone on all configurations.

The only major downside is that any global .xmi (gl.xmi) music, with the exception of combattheme1/2 and deaththeme, will still rely on MIDI playback since there are no EMTs associated with them.

Here are my trilogy EMTs for comparison -> http://bit.ly/2MZJyC6

The mp3 names in my package are changed to match the XMPlay output from my mp3 zip, otherwise the data should match.
Last edited by Maestrobob; 02-07-2021 at 02:51 PM..