View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Banned

If you plan on playing these characters untwinked then neither will be worth a sh!t to solo with. Both will be absolutely terrible. SKs don't do enough damage without massive twink levels for fear kiting to be viable. Monks untwinked can not tank without a shaman/chanter slowing (bard slow causes too much agro for monks to ever actually 'tank')

I have a 60 monk and 42 SK (also have 58 necro, saw you have played that as well). I leveled the monk from scratch completely untwinked and I leveled the SK with 200k worth of gear. I would imagine that a sh!ty geared monk is better than a sh!ty geared SK but honestly gear in P99 is not that big of a deal in a grouping situation when you get haste, fungi, weapon taken care of.

Once you are 46+ all the good gear is no drop so I wouldn't even worry about gear and would play what you want. Monks at 60 and fully geared are great tanks, but before that they are terrible tanks with no agro control and you will be like "WTF I keep reading how monks are great tanks".... yea that only applies to high gear levels and having a shaman slowing every mob.

So basically you will probably end up pulling on either class - it comes down to if you want to DPS more or be a real Tank. generally I would think you will have an easier time as a monk since they are super saiyan mode on P99.

Also monk epic is actually obtainable and SK epic is perma sh!t sock status.

TLDR - Both classes are actually fairly similar, I would lean towards Monk because SK lacks the UMPH I think you may be looking for. Both classes are dog sh!t solo untwinked