Thread: Game Mechanics: Weapon Procs / Casted Spells
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benebric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure if this holds true for all casted spells, however here is my experience from tonight.

I'm using a Hierophant's Crook, which has an Earthquake proc on it. It procs perfectly fine, with no issues. However, if I get a proc from my staff, and then attempt to cast my mem'd Earthquake spell - I get an error saying recast time has not been met. My guess is that the staff proc is somehow triggering the cooldown on my spell cast.

I honestly do not know if this was a classic "feature". However, I do know that it seems stupid, and figured I'd make a post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I remember it being the occasional bug that appeared on live, from time to time. It was very annoying, and they usually fixed it pretty quick. It was not a regular feature though. For that matter, I had no idea that procs, were triggering spell recast timers. A patch has been put together to fix this.

Good catch.

Thanks,

H