View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont see the taboo honestly. Playing a game on MY pc (which to be clear it is) on MY time (e.g. a break) with MY internet connection (when i use my tethered phone) is little different to someone playing a switch at their desk on their lunch.

It's not big deal.
Sure, but I get the impression from some that they aren't merely playing for 10-20 mins during a lunch break but instead playing for long periods of time because their job is not very demanding for stretches of time or because they simply find themselves within a structure where there is little to no focus on the results they create and they are able tab out whenever someone might find out.

If you are doing work that requires your concentration and you get your concentration broken, by swapping over to EverQuest and responding to a tell or having to kill that Pained Soul PH it takes time to get back to the state of concentration you were in...

Meh, with everything said and done, I think most people doing office work will procrastinate during their day. Is it worse to be spending that time in Norrath or browsing the internet looking for a new t-shirt or buying movie tickets? In the abstract I would say no but in reality I think you are much more likely to get caught up in a game like EQ and suddenly what you thought would take you 5 minutes ends up taking 25 minutes...