Thread: Game Mechanics: Persistent instaclick item use on Blue
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it abuse? Just because you say so? Seems like players found interesting and unique ways to use existing items and that was somehow a bad thing. Instead of being viewed as inevitable. If you put people in a sandbox for 10+ years they're going to explore every nook and cranny of said sandbox and find every possible use for the sand.

Give it a rest. Unnerf all the clickies. Bring them back to their classic functionality.
You're absolutely right.

It is abuse becuase it goes against the spirit of the game, in accordance with the spirit of the game the staff nerfed these items. So we would play by the spirit of the game. The nerf failed, as we just use different items now. Nothing changed. The nerf failed.

So yes, bring them back to how they were for 9 years.
OR
Nerf the rest of them, and push the point further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...57&postcount=1

It's clear that the intent of the item nerf was to ensure these items did not trivialize content. If there are items that they missed that also trivialize content in the same manner, then it stands to reason that they should also be nerfed.

I have been told for the last 10+ years that the hardcore competitive raid guilds would appreciate the extra challenge and the opportunity to compete against each other in adapting to the loss of the use of these items, so there shouldn't be any complaints in removing "EZ mode."
The intent of the nerf was to ensure these items did not trivialize content.
We just changed from item a to item b, and continued to trivialize content.

Please nerf item b, as well. Or un nerf a. Both are fine with me, I have no dog in the fight.

There is currently the same EZ Mode as you put it, as those items that were nerfed aren't even really missed in the raiding scene, all got replaced with different more obscure items.